Saturday, October 25, 2008

Sir Lance A Lot :)


So today we were at Costco getting a few groceries and Mattison was standing with me the whole time while Billy had Kylee in the cart. So at one point we realized we had forgotten something. We had already passed that isle so I told Billy that Mattie and I would be right back. Mattie and I went to the isle we needed and as we were walking down the isle I hear Mattie say quite loudly "She has a BIG butt mommy!!!" I am mortified and to make matters worse the lady and her mother looked right at me. I didn't know what to do I was frozen. I just smiled and said hi like maybe she didn't really hear. (yeah right, huh?) Then I grabbed Mattie's hand and booked it down the isle and out of sight. I was in so much shock. She wasn't saying it in a mean way she was saying it like a statement. Apparently it is beginning, you know where you are afraid to take your kids anywhere wondering what they will say next. My guess is I am getting payback for all the times I did this sort of thing to my parents. Once again I am apologizing to my mom and my dad. Got to love the 3 year old :)

5 comments:

Tara said...

I had the same thing happened with Colton. He said it in the grocery store, and the lady was the lady that usually cut his hair in Supercuts. We didn't go back to Supercuts after that.

Gates & Tausha said...

hahahahha.....that's hilarious!!! i LOVE your reaction...ahha

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That definitely sound like something I would have said at her age! I love that she said it so matter-of-factly! :)

Cheryl said...

That IS definitely something that Erin would have said and something like she DID say... many times! The lady shouldn't have had a big butt. Her fault, right? Just kidding. I always did the same thing... got the heck out of there!!

Liz said...

That is so funny!! I love reading your blog because it always makes me laugh and smile! Your family is so adorable.

Yesterday, this little girl in a class I was helping in asked me why one of my eyebrows was skinny and the other one was fat (I had forgotten to tend to the eyebrows for a few weeks). Funny that she mentioned that and not the oversized belly!