Friday, October 24, 2008

Binkie where are you???


Kylee is our binkie girl. She was sucking on her binkie this morning and then she lost it somewhere in her travels around the house. So I go looking in all the normal places and it is no where to be found. So I tried to retrace ALL her steps (or crawls :) ). She went to Mattie's room, nope. She went to her room, nope. She crawled into the kitchen, nope. By the way the reason I know all the places she went and the order she did them in is because she was following me everywhere I went. Then I remembered I had to go to the bathroom and of course she followed me right in. As a mommy there are no personal places anymore, ha, ha! So anyways I went in the bathroom and nope no binky. Except she was playing with the shower curtain. So I go open the shower curtain and yep she had put her binky in the tub. So now I have a new place to look for a missing binky. She is so blasted cute even if she does follow me into the bathroom. I remember when I was younger and my mom would say just let me go to the bathroom by myself or I'll be out in a minute. Erin (the baby of course) would even stick her fingers under the bathroom door when my mom was in there thinking that maybe that would speed my mom up. I actually think it had the opposite affect. So I would like to say sorry mom for all those bathroom interruptions. As a mommy it seems like everyone all of the sudden needs you or needs to tell you something as soon as you close the bathroom door. ha, ha. I remember on my mission going to the bathroom and showering was the only time I was by myself, no joke. I remember towards the end of my mission one morning I was going to the bathroom and I thought I can't wait to get home and be able to have a life where I can be alone for more than 10 minutes. That only lasted for 6 months after being home because I was married after that and then had children. So the rest is history. Private time??? What is private time??? ha, ha

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

I only had one 'binkie baby' and it looks like she has a 'binkie baby' too! I guess I should have enjoyed the years of 'never a moment to myself' more. They go fast and then there's a lot of 'alone time'.

Tara said...

Wow, Brianne, what were you doing in the bathroom that took 10 min? J/K I know exactly how you feel. Even Logan seems to have to tell me something as soon as I go to the restroom. I know they won't always be there so I try to just cherish it all.

J + A = K & J said...

Ahhh the binkie search....I too have a binkie baby and search for lost binkies all the time. As a matter of fact I went to do the laundry this morning and opened up the box of laundry detergent to find two binkies in there. You never know where you will find those things.

Liz said...

That is so funny and cute! Good job detective Mommy!!

Brooke said...

I hear you on the no private time!! My kids love to follow me wherever I go, waiting outside the door while I'm in the bathroom "Are you done yet mom?". Guess that means they are crazy about us though..so it's a good thing!

W.W. said...

I have TWO Binky Babies. It's lots of fun keeping the binkies separated and out of each others' mouths. Babysitters don't always know whose is whose. Yuck!