Sunday, September 28, 2008

You're Better than YOU know!

Last night I attended the General Relief Society broadcast. It was so uplifting and I feel like the talks were said just for me. I think it is so amazing how the spirit works. As I sat in my seat last night thinking how this is for me, I realized I am sitting in a room full of women who are probably thinking the same thing. The Spirit is what allows us to feel that personal touch of a message from our loving and eternal Heavenly Father. President Dieter F. Uchtdorf spoke such amazing things to all of the sisters. He stated quite a few things that I hope I never forget. One of those things was that if we have God on our side helping us we will not and can not fail. Also we need to not let fear over take us. We need to realize that we are GREAT. As women we critique ourselves to a fault almost. We need to be happy with who we are and what we CAN do. We still need to learn and grow through our mistakes but know that we are GOOD. We need to see ourselves as our Father in Heaven sees us and as our selfless Savior sees us. President Scott Smith of the Stake Presidency spoke briefly after and told us to know that we are GOOD and we can be a great strength to one another. I am so grateful to my dad for watching my girls so I could attend. Thanks dad!

3 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well said. You listened better. Or at least you retain better. Just your age in comparison to mine, I sure.

Gates & Tausha said...

ahh i liked his talk the best too!!! why didn't I think of specializing in only toast and eggs all the time!! :) haha...great conference though!! :)

Tara said...

I totally agree! I was thinking the same things. It was an awesome conference.