Thursday, September 11, 2008

Are you afraid??????????

This was the question asked to me today by a patient while I was working at my dad's chiropractic office. She was asking this of me today because it is 9/11 the 7 year anniversary of the attack on our nation. I thought it was an interesting question. I knew the answer right away though, NO I am not afraid. I am able to stand today and say that I am proud to be an american citizen. I know that some horrible choices were made that day and that horrible choices continue to be made but I also know that Heavenly Father has a plan for me and my family. I know that he see's the greater picture for me. I'm not saying it is always easy but I know that all those people who lost their lives that day will have the opportunity to be with their families for eternity. I know that the most important thing for me right now is to be the person who shares this great news to people I come in contact with. I am so grateful to those men and women who fight for our freedom everyday. Their aren't strong enough words to tell them how grateful I am for their dedication to our countries freedom, my families freedom, my freedom. Especially my freedom to worship how, where and what I may. I love America and the freedom I have because I am an American!! As the famous song says "I'm proud to be an American, where at least I know I'm free and I won't forget the men who died who gave that right to ME and I gladly stand up next you and defend still today. Cause their ain't no doubt I love this land God Bless the USA!"

2 comments:

Lacey said...

That is Dillons favorite song. I have to sing that and God Bless America to him every night.
I too am grateful for those fighting for our country and pray for them daily.

Gates & Tausha said...

so patriotic...perfect for 9/11. :) you rock. :)