Saturday, September 27, 2008

They can be taught!


I love this priceless picture. I love to tell the story of one of the weeks my mom went to education week. As a lot of you know I am the second oldest of 4 GIRLS! This can be a challenge for any daddy (in more than 1 area hee, hee). Anyways, one week my mom had gone to education week and dad was left to fend for himself and for 4 girls. When I mean fend for himself I am sure mom pre-made all the meals and had them in the fridge marked with what to do to serve to her little girls. :) He did great! One of the things mom couldn't pre-make for him though was getting all of us girls ready for school and having our hair done. My dad isn't a quitter though he forged on by combing our hair nice and smooth as possible. Then to make sure his great work stayed in place he... hair sprayed it! ha, ha He was so proud and so were we. So when Billy and I found out we were having a girl for the first time I thought of this precious moment with my dad coming my hair and told Billy the great story of the hair spraying incident. He laughed and said he wanted to be a dad who could at least put up a nice ponytail. So here he is coming Mattie's hair after we gave her a bath and then he puts it up. I have to tell you he does a pretty mean ponytail. On Tuesday's Mattie has preschool and I have to work at my dad's office so Billy is the one responsible for getting Mattie all ready, including her hair and he does a MARVELOUS job. Mattie's preschool teacher even commented on how impressed she was that my husband does her hair for school. Way to go babe, you are ready for your next lesson... the CURLING IRON, dundudu! (That is suppose to be the music for when something scary could be ahead hee, hee). Love you Billy thanks for being such a great daddy to our girls!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

I knew he was multi-talented! Don't forget the hairspray!!!

Ginny said...

CUTE Blog! I went shopping with amanda today and she was telling me about your blog and I thought....she has a blog!? I had nooo idea, but no i know and Im so grateful I found it!!!! My dad too had 4 daughters all in a row before having any sons....what fun! I would love having lots of girls.....colin on the other hand......

Gates & Tausha said...

GO BILLY!!!! true tallent. :)

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That a boy! He can come assist me at my salon for a day to learn some more cool tricks if he wants!!