Friday, September 26, 2008

Is It done yet???

I had been trying to be domestic the other day and made a special treat for the family. I made a pumpkin cobbler and as you can tell the girls were very excited. I just that this was such a precious moment that I wanted to capture it forever. They would look in the little window then look at each other and smile. I was so adorable. Kylee is standing up by herself more and more. In fact when she stands up a lot of the time she starts to clap too and smiling like "hey look at me, isn't this cute?". :) I am sure she claps because that is usually what we do when she stands by herself to show her how excited we are. I can't believe how fast my girls are growing up. Mattie is loving preschool more that ever. Her teacher tells me she is doing really great. Yesterday Mattie was selected to do show and tell. Ms. Marcy asked that she bring something that starts with her name. When I asked Mattie what she wanted to bring she said, "My Nana & Papa!". How do you say no to such excitement. So I called Ms. Marcy and ok'd that with her. She said it would absolutely be ok. So my parents came to preschool to be show and tell. It was so cute. All kids seemed very excited to have them there. They talked about my parents home and all the animals they have and how my dad rides horses. Also about how he ropes "cows". (I was just laughing in my head when Ms. Marcy said that because I could just see in the kids minds at that very moment..."He ropes black & white cows?" :) ). So anyways I am striving to see all the joys in my everyday life and since I have been looking I am amazed at what I find. Even if it is just my girls standing at the oven door wondering when the treat will be done. Find the joys in your everyday life and you will be surprised what you find. Have a happy day!

4 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

How cute! Thats what its all about right? Enjoying the those small, cute moments in life. Mattie and Kylee are so dang cute! I can't wait to see them on Sunday!

Cheryl said...

I can just see them looking at each other and giggling waiting for that yummy food to get done (I would have been there with them if I would have known you were making something yummy). You have it right, those are the things that really matter. I love those little girls (and their parents)!!

Gates & Tausha said...

so cute. love the pic! PERFECT show n tell idea too! how ufn!

Patty's Place said...

Talk about CUTE! I so enjoy reading and seeing pics of your family since I don't get to see you very often. It's like a little glimpse into your home. Thank you. I love you!