Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Choices?!?!

I was reading a friends blog and heard that her cousin had passed away at the age of 25. I was very sad. I continued to read and she spoke of where he had served his mission and it was the same place I had served. We served a mission for our church at the same time. I knew him. I was so shocked to hear he had left this earth. I spoke to Scottee (his cousin) and she and I had a nice talk. We spoke of our loving Heavenly Father and how he is mindful of everything that was going on in Ty's life. Ty had made the choice to end his own life because of all the pain he was suffering. He had challenges in his life that many of us don't understand. He obviously felt this was all he could do at this point. He has a loving family and many loving friends who will miss him until we meet again. I know that our Heavenly Father is caring for him now. I still hadn't made any final decisions on my new year's resolutions but thanks to Ty and all he has gone through I have. My #1 resolution is LIVING EACH DAY AS IF IT WERE MY LAST!
To some of you that might sound strange or wrong but it is in NO way a disrespect to Ty. It is a way for me to honor Ty. I have had loss this past year but I will take everything that I have learned from each of those loved ones to make me a better person. #2 resolution is to show my husband I love him EVERYDAY! #3 resolution is to be a better mother, by spending more one on one time with each of my girls! #4 resolution be pregnant with twins sometime in 2009 deliver in 2010 :)
So to Ty's family I am so sorry for your loss and pray that you know there are many people praying for you and love you! Thank you Ty for helping me prioritize my life in the order that it should be! God be with you until we meet again!

4 comments:

Patty's Place said...

So sorry to hear about your friend. You have inspired me to set my goals. Luv u!

Cheryl said...

Sorry about Ty. You're very sensitive to other people's pain. I hope his family feels our sympathy. At least you found the silver lining again and learned from the experience by making worthy goals for yourself. These times always make us reflect on what's really important.

Lacey said...

Wow twins huh? Ya I always wanted twins too, but I know Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he only sent me one at a time! Especially since their all red heads! :) Sorry to hear about your friend. Thanks for inspiring me to prioritize my goals and look at the more important things in life!

The Pritchard Party said...

That is very sad. I too had a friend who took his life. It's not an easy thing to cope with, that's for sure. As for your goals, I love them. Especially #4! Get workin'!