Tuesday, November 4, 2008

I Voted Today!!

I want to let all of you know.......I VOTED TODAY!! Not only did I vote I voted for McCain! I am proud to be a female American who made it a point of my day to vote for the next President of the United States of America. I have discussed politics with a lot of people. One of the things that stuck out to me was a friend of my dad's said that she was alive when Hitler was alive. She heard him speak on the radio and she said that a lot of what she heard from him is being said by Barrack Obama. Obama doesn't salute the flag, say the pledge or even have a flag on any of his campaign items. I am proud to say that I salute the flag, say the pledge and put a flag wherever I can. I pray with my children and my husband everyday to a God who has called this a land of promise. I believe that this is a promised land and we should treat it with the respect it deserves. I feel all of the things that we do as Americans to show our fore fathers that we appreciate them and their sacrifices they made for this free land we live in were not in vain. This must be done by ALL who abide in this free land. It is NOT about religion it is about the freedom of this great country we live in. I especially believe that the leader of this proud country should be leading us in honoring our country by putting his hand to our heart as he pledges to our symbolic flag and says the pledge of allegiance. I also believe our leader of this beautiful promised land should want to display the American flag proudly where ever he travels. He will be responsible for traveling to other countries and lands to discuss very important matters on behalf of the American people. I AM AN AMERICAN, I want a president who values what I say and will never try to take my voice away from me. I want my children to be taught that it is okay to pray in school if they want, that they can stand proudly and say the pledge of allegiance to the most beautiful flag in the world. I am not ashamed of who I voted for today and I pray that you can say the same about your vote today. GOD BLESS AMERICA!!

4 comments:

Julianne said...

Amen! I agree with every word, well said! Go McCain!

Cheryl said...

Well said... I'm making this comment the day after the elections and I guess 'it is what it is!'

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I just look at what has happened as: the Second Coming is going to happen sooner than we think. :)

The Pritchard Party said...

I agree.... enough said :)