Thursday, November 6, 2008

We will miss you Joe!

Today was the funeral services for our family friend Joe Charnoki. Joe will be greatly missed by all who knew him. There were many people who attended the services today. I think he was smiling down on all of his loved ones today. My heart especially goes out to Cindy (his wife), Daniel, Amy and Justin his children and all his other family and friends. I am grateful to know that right now he is being taught the gospel, most likely by my Grandpa Weathersby. After the services family and friends went to my parents house and had a luncheon. We also had an empty saddle ceremony. Daniel lead Joe's horse around in a circle while a cowboy sang a couple cowboy songs Joe liked. While this cowboy played his guitar my dad read a poem about a fallen cowboy and how he will be missed. I was very touched. In fact I was more moved by the empty saddle ceremony than by the catholic services. I don't mean that disrespectfully. They did this same ceremony at my grandpa's funeral. I was unable to be at my grandpa's funeral because I was serving a mission in Oregon. So the ceremony meant even more to me. I was so emotional during the ceremony but it was a positive feeling because I know Joe was there. Thank you Joe for being you and I love you!

3 comments:

Patty's Place said...

Joe was such a nice guy, he will be missed. I wish I could have gone to the funeral, but my thought and prayers are with his family. I know you have lots of nice memories of him.

Gates & Tausha said...

amen on your obama post...and wishing comfort to joe and his fam and friends. :)

Brooke said...

I'm sorry to hear about your uncle. It's so hard to lose ones you love! What a sweet post.