Thursday, November 27, 2008

The Adventures of Thanksgiving Day!!

So last night I was up until 11pm peeling and cutting up apples for 4 pies! They are soooo good! These are pies made from scratch so it takes a little more work but they taste so good you do it anyway. So anyways I started at 8pm and finished at 11pm. Finally got to bed at about 11:30pm. Kylee woke up at 12:30am, ate a bottle and went back to sleep by 12:45ish. Then I had a hard time going back to sleep even though I was exhausted. I finally fell back to sleep at around 1:30am. Then Billy got home at 3:30am and talked to me for a minute and we caught up on each others day. He went to sleep by 4am and I once again had a hard time going back to sleep. I fell asleep by 4:30ish. Then in walks Mattie at 7am bright eyed and bushy tailed. Me not so much. I then decide okay I will just get up and go to the 5k Turkey Trot that Tara and some of her friends put together. Of course I had to take both my girls with me because I would NEVER make Billy miss playing football on Thanksgiving Day. Little note I am not being sarcastic, I am dead serious. That would pretty much be the worse thing you could do to Billy, for reals! Anyways So I got Mattie all dressed and ready and then WOKE Kylee up so I could go. Me and the girls had fun walking with Celena (sorry if I spelled it wrong). Celena is a rock star she actually pushed the stroller most of the way. It was perfect weather! Then after finishing the walk (which we started at about 8:30am) I hurried home to shower me and both my girls by myself because daddy was still playing football. So as I am getting out of the shower with girls Billy came home. I was thinking "Yahoo, he's home". He comes in to tell me he is heading over to the emergency room because he broke his nose playing this game he loves so much! Now I am thinking "Oh crap, he's going to the E.R.". So he hurries over there and I finish getting the girls ready for our Thanksgiving meal that is planned out in Mesa with Erin and Steve at Steve's parents. Then I peeled and cut up a bag of potatoes for Billy to take mashed potatoes to work. We were suppose to leave at 10:30am. Do you think that happened?? ha, ha The answer is NO! So I pack up all my luggage for me and the girls to head out to Mesa, WITHOUT Billy. He was going to meet us there. Anyways, Billy fractured his nose and luckily they said he didn't need to have it set but it still cost us $100 bucks. Oh well I am just very glad he is okay. So we were suppose to eat at 12pm but ate at 1pm instead. Billy finally got there after we had all finished eating and had EVERYTHING cleaned up and put away. We enjoyed our time together and then kissed goodbye after 2 hours when Billy headed off to work. Love you honey! Have a great day at work and I hope you don't hurt to much. By the way dinner was good but I really missed having mashed potatoes. Mashed potatoes is no joke my favorite part of Thanksgiving. I eat tons of mashed potatoes with my mom's homemade rolls and yummy pumpkin pie. So after my ranting of my Thanksgiving day I just wanted to wish all of you a very Happy Thanksgiving!

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

SUPER GREAT DAY! A little frazzled, but super great!

Amy Blue said...

WOW! Your day was very eventful.:) I'm so jealous of your pies. I try to make them but they just aren't as good as when you make them. SERIOUS! At least you have a better looking husband now. He should be thankful for the free nose job! :) JK We miss you guys and look forward to next year when we can all be together.

Patty's Place said...

It was fun to all be together. The pies were awesome, thanks for making them!

Krista said...

I have to agree the pies were GREAT!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

What a fun day! Well... not really for Billy... but for the rest of us it was pretty fun!! :)

Cindy said...

Brianne, welcome to the world of church sports!! Bart has learned to suck it up and walk in tall and straight like nothing hurts, he would hate the idea of me suggesting he not play anymore!!! I guess our husbands want to be abused, what do you think??
Sorry for Billy, but the broken nose was the best things that happened to Bart at basketball, after surgery he can breathe (had a hard time with it before!!) Pictures are amazing!! Check our Breba's new picture taking skills on her blog!! Watch our Julia!!

Linda's Latest said...

Oh Brianne, I feel for you. But at least it turned out to be a good day (but no kidding, NO MASHED POTATOES, come on) Well, wish we could have been there.

Julianne said...

Good thing you didnt make him miss football, Dan would have been upset! He said they had a great time! And, you are better than me, there is NO WAY I was going to wake up my two sleeping babies to go run!