Saturday, August 8, 2009

Sleep?!?!

What is sleep?? I'm not very sure because it seems like I am getting less and less of it these days. I guess it is all just part of motherhood and being almost 30 weeks pregnant. So here is another thing about sleeping, 2 nights ago I had to put the girls to bed by myself without Billy's help because they were going to bed about 15 minutes later than usual and Billy had to get to work. Our normal routine is Billy gets almost completely ready for work then puts the girls to bed then finishes getting ready and goes to work for the night. The girls like this routine and honestly so do I. So anyways back to 2 nights ago when I was in charge of putting them down. Kylee didn't go to sleep until 9:30 pm!!!! Mattison didn't go to sleep until 10:00pm!!!! What the heck! I thought I was doing everything the same way Billy did each night but apparently NOT! So the next night we were back to normal and Billy put them to bed. I am NOT making this up the girls were asleep by 7:45pm last night! Once again I say, What the heck!!!!! He was in the room no more than 5 minutes and the girls were out cold. I spent more than 1 1/2 hours with them before they fell asleep. I guess it will just have to be Billy's job forever! :) hee, hee

Oh yeah and a little side night at 9pm I called my dad and said "Do you want to adopt my second child? She will not go to bed and I am exhausted!" This is my dad's response "ha, ha, ha, ha, ha". Yeah lots of sympathy. Then he says "Have fun!" Thanks for the great advice dad!

5 comments:

Tara said...

Ha ha ha. I've had those nights over and over again. And seriously, you lost my sympathy when you admitted that Billy puts the girls to bed every night. Wow! You sure are lucky :)

Cheryl said...

You have a good husband. That's all I'm gonna say.

ikathy33 said...

Maybe you better secretly, quietly spy! See how Billy does it without the girls knowing you're taking lessons! Then next time he's gone, you'll be READY. Ya!! But don't let Billy know you know how to get them down easily or he may resign.

Brooke said...

I agree....lucky girl to not have that duty everynight! But I'm sure you do sweet things for Billy too that make him want to do that for you :o)

Krista said...

drug them. haha!! j/k!! You are one lucky girl to have Billy put them to bed every night!