Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Bravery!


So I always thought I knew what it meant to be brave when I was younger. I now think that the brave means so much more than what I thought as a child. The other day I opened up Nie Dialogues to find Stephanie's first picture of herself since her plane crash 1 year ago. She posted it for all to see. At that moment I had even more of an understanding of what brave means. To me bravery means to stand up and keep on living even when you want to go in to a hole and hide. I know there are times when I get down and all I can think of is how I want to be in bed and don't want to get up. Then I think of Stephanie and all the difficult things she has had to go through in 12 months and realize that if she can continue to live each day and stand brave against all the struggles that she faces each and everyday than I surely can. She hiked the Y mountain on the 1 year anniversary of her plane crash. She set that goal for herself and she DID it! Today I want to stand a little taller like Stephanie and Christian and set a great goal for myself. I invite all of you to join me in this quest to be a little more brave. Brave against temptation, Satan and the things of the world! To just be brave enough to be yourself no matter who is around. Be brave enough to share your love with all those you come in contact with. Thank you Stephanie for your bravery and for helping to strive to be a little more brave in my faith in myself and in my Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ!

6 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Good challenge!! Thanks for reminding me. I want to be like Stephanie too. She's such an inspiration.

Cheryl said...

woops. that comment above was from me. :}

Molly said...

Great post! I saw that yesterday too and she is an inspiring woman. She will be a help to people and women especially throughout the rest of her life.

Liz said...

Thanks for your post Brianne. That woman is amazing and her story makes me want to be better!

Ginny said...

I would have to agree that when you hear other's peoples stories like Stephanie's they are truly inspirational! You post makes me want to be better and reminds me how blessed I truly am! Thanks for the little reminder Brianne : )

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Great post Brianne. It's so amazing to see all of the lives that Stephanie and Christian have changed. My heart is so full of gratitude for the many countless blessing that God blesses my life with. Thanks so much for the reminder to always remember that. You are so great! :)