Tuesday, August 4, 2009

New Roomates!!!

So last week my great friend Ashley told me she wanted to take my girls for the day so that I could have a day alone with my amazing husband. So yesterday was that lucky day! Ashley came and picked the girls up at about 10 am and kept them VERY entertained until she brought them home around 7:15 that night. Billy and I decided (more so me hee, hee) that we were going to take advantage of the time alone. Billy took apart the full size bed that Mattison had been sleeping on so that we could put 2 beds in the room. That is right, Kylee and Mattison are roommates!! Kylee has officially moved out of the crib. I figured in about 9 weeks or so their is going to be a new baby invading the crib so no time like the present to put her in a toddler bed. Needless to say it saved us a ton to not have the girls here and in the way to put the beds together and situate the beds the way we wanted them.

The girls LOVED it when they got home! They were so excited to share a room. They both slept through the night last night in their own beds. It is a miracle that I am very grateful for. Then they have been playing in their new room together all morning. Kylee has already taken a 1 hour nap in her new bed too. She is way excited to be such a big girl like sister!

The girls had a blast with Ashley! She took them to Grams house (Ashley's grandma) where Grams had cookies and ice cream with all the yummy toppings. They had pizza while they were there. Then Grams and Ashley took the girls to the $1 store and let each of the girls pick out like 5 or more things each! Needless to say they had a blast with that. They each brought home a bag of goodies from the store. Then Ashley headed to her mom's house with the girls to go swimming. Thanks Kim for helping Ashley with the girls in the pool it is for sure a 2 man job if not more when Kylee is involved. They got to play with the dogs then they headed to Ashley's apartment to have dinner, movie and a bath! The girls had a blast with Ashley and all her family! Thank you soooooooooo much Ashley, Grams and Kim for such a wonderful day for my precious girls and for my amazing husband and I who had one on one time for the first time in a while. Also thanks to my mom who gave Billy and I movie tickets to go on a date while the girls were out on their adventure. Billy and I finally got to see Harry Potter 6. Now on to the next adventure........waiting for Krista to get home so we can start getting Brayden's room ready for him! It is a football themed room of course. :)

5 comments:

Todd and Brandy said...

I love their new room. It looks they are having so much fun. That's awesome they slept so good too!

Cheryl said...

Those two are so cute together. They get along really well, so that worked out good.

Amy Blue said...

How exciting! Only 9 weeks left? WOW! Football....GO DUCKS! ???? Do I hear yellow and green????

Krista said...

I'm home now!! Let's get this party rollin'!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

How fun! I love that they stay up and giggle at night! Those are the best moments!!