Thursday, October 1, 2009

Pictures of Brayden's 1st week!

We are so excited to have Brayden here with us!! He is such a great baby! He looks exactly like his daddy, even more than Mattison if you can believe that. I didn't think that was possible. So here are some great pictures of him this last week.

Isn't he so reverent? :)

You can't see it but his shirt says "Mommy's little quarterback". So cute!

Kylee is enjoying having a little guy around. You'll note her hair is a little crazy but atleast she is dressed.

My two binkie babies :)


One picture with his eyes open having daddy time. The next few pictures are of what he does most the time.




Ashlyn holding Brayden for the 1st time.

Sydney holding Brayden for the 1st time.

Now the delivery story of my little man. It is a long story but it is a story I never want to forget because it is such a blessing!

The day before Brayden was born my amazing sisters Tara, Krista and Erin threw me a AWESOME football themed baby shower. Pictures to come, I forgot my camera that night so I have to get pictures from my mom's camera. Anyways the shower was great and we got so much amazing stuff for our little guy. Thanks everyone who was there! Thanks to my great sisters for all their hard work and time that they put into the shower. So one of the games that night was to guess when I would have Brayden so I couldn't tell anyone that the whole time I was at my shower I was in labor. :) Yes you read that right! As soon as the shower was done Billy drove me to the hospital and I was admitted. Brayden was determined to come sooner than his due date which was fine with me as long as he was healthy. At 11:30 am my doctor broke my water and within 10minutes I went from a 7 to 10 in dialation. My contractions were very intense. I had an epidural but I asked that they don't give me the full dose because I wanted to be able to feel when contractions were coming to help me push. Within 5 minutes of breaking my water I told Billy get me the nurse now I think it is time. He said no he just broke your water and you were a 7. I said get the nurse now please. She came in and sure enough I was a 10. They ran and got Dr. Nelson and 5 minutes later is was out. I did one session of pushing and he was out. It was very fast!!! He was purple when he came out and I was concerned. They hurried and took him from me and they bagged him to help him breath and the stuck a tube down his mouth to suck out some of the extra gas and stuff that was in his body. They put a c pap machine on him to help him breath. He would take in oxygen fine he just wouldn't breath out as well. He was in the NICU for the 1st 24 hours of his life. I was stressed I just wanted to see my baby and know that he was okay. They took my epidural out and from their everything for me changed too. I had been having a headache durning the pregnancy but I just tried not to think about it. Then when they took the epidural out my headache went to unbarable. I was in excrutiaing pain. Everytime I tried to sit up I threw up and I felt like my head was going to crush my neck. With sometime the discovered that I was having a spinal headache. Meaning my spinal fluid was leaking where my epidural had been. So they drew a bunch of my blood and they placed the blood in the spot where my epidural site was. It is called a blood patch. I felt relief and was so happy. I still had to stay down and not stand up but atleast my head didn't hurt. Then the next morning I sat up and it was happening again. They said that the 1st blood patch must not have gotten it all. So they went in AGAIN and drew more of my blood and did another blood patch. So this is like have 3 epidurals now. The doctor said "Oh yeah here is some more fluid". So they made me lay flat on my back for 13 hours without movement so the patch would heal right. So it is now Sunday and I haven't left my bed since I delivered Brayden. I felt so much relief though that I didn't care. I was able to go home that evening and I was so happy. My legs were very weak because I hadn't been able to use them for days. I didn't get to see my baby for about 6 hours. I got to NICU to hold him and within 2 minutes I was throwing up again so I had to leave. I was balling!! The one amazing thing is that after I threw up I was waiting for my nurse to come get me to take me to my room and I talked to Brayden as much as I could and just told him I loved him. As I did this the stats on his machines were beeping. His nurse said it is because he was doing so good. Him hearing my voice was making his oxygen level go to 100 which it hadn't done until I started talking to him. That helped me know my baby knew who I was and that I loved him. I knew everything was going to be okay after that moment. I thank my Heavenly Father for the great miracles that happened during this time. Welcome to the world Brayden!!

10 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

He really does look exactly like Billy! I LOVE his bright blonde full head of hair! I can't believe you got a spinal headache you poor thing! You are one strong woman! I can't wait to get better so that I can come over and hold and snuggle baby Brayden!!! He's such a cutie!! :)

Trevlyn said...

What a birth story! So glad you're both home and well! Can't wait to see that cutie!

Val said...

WOW Brianne! That is a great story...it sure does testify that the Lord was with you and your little man. Congrats on the baby and I am so glad that you are okay!
p.s. I couldn't imagine getting poked 3 times like an epidural! OUCH!

Brianna said...

Wow Brianne.. to think that you went through all that, and how terrific you look in the pictures you posted on your last post. That is an amazing story, and I am so glad both you and the baby are okay! Your little guy is so cute, and he has such a beautiful coloring... Congrats!!

Erin said...

so glad you're both okay! he's a cutie and we're very excited to see everyone at the wedding!

Cheryl said...

I love the part about Brayden's oxygen levels going up when he heard you talking to him. He knew you and loved having you there. I'll testify that that was ONE QUICK BIRTH!! I love holding him, he's so snuggly. Glad he's here and that you are finally feeling better.

The Pritchard Party said...

what a cute boy! I'm so sorry you had to go through all of that though. That would be so stressfull.... and it's ALREADY stressfull!

Liz said...

So Glad that Brayden is here! What a crazy story from being in labor at your shower to the nightmare of your epidural! You are a tough cookie!

I love the pictures of your little man! Especially with Kyliee and her binky!

Molly said...

So glad to hear that you are feeling better! Congrats on your beautiful baby boy!

Krista said...

He's so cute!! I love him so much!!!