Monday, October 19, 2009

My Hero and the BIG change!!


So as many people know my amazing father was called yesterday as our new Stake President. We found out late Saturday afternoon. To tell you the truth me and the rest of our family were not that shocked. Well at least us girls. My parents on the other hand were a little more stunned. All growing up and to this day my dad has
been my hero. I wanted to do whatever I could to make my dad proud. He loves all of his daughters so much and it showed ever day. He loves having all of the family together as much as possible. I think if my dad could have it his way we would all live on the same property. No joke! When my baby sister Erin got married to her wonderful husband Steve they were going to be living in Mesa. Steve already owned a home there and he had a great job. I thought my dad was going to have a mini break down with his baby being a whole 45 minutes away from him. I am happy to report he has survived it (barely. hee, hee) My parents are such a strength. My parents raised us in the gospel of Jesus Christ. They taught us through example! There wasn't a day that went by that I didn't think how happy I was to know that my dad loved my mom SO much! My dad would go to the moon and back to make my mom happy and that meant a lot to me. He was always there to share his testimony of the Savior with us. He loves working with the youth and young adults of the church. He has a great heart and a honest mind. He travels a lot with work that he is involved in with his profession. I have heard many stories from people that he comes in contact with about how impressed they are with his integrity. He always stands up for what he believes in no matter the cost. He serves the Lord with all his heart. We have not sat together as a family in church since 1988 because of the different callings my dad has held through the years. My mom has always been amazing about sustaining him in those callings. I never heard her complain about how he was gone a lot with his calling or how it was hard for her to sit alone with all 4 of us girls during church. I just want to say thank you to my father for being my hero and living up to such a high standard. Thank you for being such a great example and teaching me that it is important to accept the callings you are given in the church (even if they will come with many challenges and lots of time needed away from the home). He always puts his family 1st (after God). Last of all thank you for always loving our fantastic mother and always respecting her. Thank you mom for being such an amazing EVERYTHING! I love you both very much.

P.S.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO MY AMAZING SISTER TARA!!! ISN'T TURNING 29 YEARS OLD SO FUN? :)

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

You are a sweetheart. What more can I say. We both love you and your family very much. Thank you for the kind words.

The Pritchard Party said...

Wow... I didn't know that! I'm not at all surprised either though. You say he's your hero and for a few reasons which shall remain unsaid... he's been mine for a few years now. I truly love your dad and know he will be the epitome of a great Stake President. Now I'm sad I'm not in that stake anymore, lol.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I agree with everything you said... I don't even feel like I could add any more to it. Thanks for the sweet post! We sure have a great father (and mom!)

Julianne said...

You have a wonderful Dad and he will do so AWESOME in his new calling!