Monday, May 24, 2010

Hide n' Go Seek

So everyone loves the classic game of hide n' go seek, including me. There is just one thing, I do NOT enjoy the game at 1:30 am! So for anyone who has read previous post know that Kylee is "adventurous" in her sleep. She moves, kicks, punches, walks, runs and hides all while sound asleep. So the other night Mattie had come into my room to tell me her toe hurt. I got her back to sleep and went to put her back in her bed. After I laid her down and had her all tucked in, I checked on Kylee in the next bed. Well at least she was SUPPOSE to be in the next bed. So I start doing my normal search for Kylee. I check all over the floor in her room, NOPE. Then I check under Mattie's bed sure that she would be there, NOPE. By this point I'm getting more concerned so I go check to make sure she had not snuck into my bed, NOPE. So I run out to the front room and this is where I find her....


So I just let her stay there. I put a blanket on her and gave her Binky and blankie and went back to bed. I didn't hear from her again until 6 am. She never once came into my room. It was a miracle.So then the next night I was out at my friend Amanda's house until after the girls were in bed. So I went in to check on them and this is what I saw. Apparently Kylee just does better if she is sleeping near someone or a big fluffy couch cushion.I once again was ok with this sleeping arrangement because it meant she wasn't in my bed with me. Mattie may not agree. :)So why do I even waste the space in the girls room with this mattress when this is all it is...a space waster. It is always like this. She doesn't even take naps in her bed, she takes them in Mattie's bed while Mattie's at school. The other day I put Kylee down for a nap earlier than usual because I knew it was better for her to be safe in bed than me beating her. hee, hee By 11:30 am on this particular day she had poured 1/2 gallon of water all over my kitchen floor, had to 2 pee accidents on my carpet, poured a bowl of popcorn on my carpet and shattered a glass jar on the kitchen floor. Yes, it was definitely time for nap (even if it is in Mattie's bed). ha, ha

5 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That is hilarious! I just showed Steve this post and he was laughing! Kylee, Kylee, Kylee.... she definitely keeps you on your toes! Good thing she's so cute!!!

Lacey said...

That is too cute. At least she just goes to the couch and doesn't try to get outside! Oh and I definetley understand the early nap time.....sometimes that is the only way to keep them safe! :)

P.S. I responded to your post on my blog.

Cheryl said...

That girl always keeps you on your toes. Sometimes it is better to just go with the flow like you did. Everyone's happier! Keep up the good work. ;D

Muranaka Family said...

I'm so glad you found my blog, now I get to see your cute family. I cannot BELIEVE how cute your kids are and the fact that you have three now. It feels like phoenix was forever ago, but I will never forget all the wonderful people I met there like you.
I like hide and seek too, but not in the middle of the night. Good luck with that.

The Pritchard Party said...

what a pistol! I guess she just likes company :)