Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Domesticated!

So I learned you CAN in fact teach an old dog new tricks. So yesterday I was SO domesticated! Look I'm even wearing an adorable apron my mom gave me. That's right Martha Stewart eat your heart out. hee, hee So here is a summary of my endevors for yesterday...got showered (huge task as any mother knows), babysat my friend Amanda's 2 kids-Kadence (2yrs old) & Jakey (11 months old) as well as watch my 2 youngest-Kylee (2yrs old) and Brayden (8 months old) all by myself. Then I took all 4 kids (again by myself) to my parents house to let out some energy-the girls got to ride the horse with Papa. Jakey sat on the horse with Papa for a picture (sorry the pics are on my phone and I don't know how to get them on my computer). But I do have pictures of what happens to 2 little cowboys after a hard day at the ranch.
Played the recording of Tausha and I singing for my mom. Then packed up all 4 kids again to take them home. Fed them lunch and put them all down for a nap. In case I didn't mention I am doing this all alone. :) Then while the kids are sleeping Ginny comes over (actually Jakey woke up just before she came and she put Brayden back to sleep after we left) so that Billy and I could go to an appointment that we had. Thanks a million Ginny!! Then straight from our appointment we picked Mattie up from school and went home. Kylee just woke up as we are walking in the door. So I have some play time with the kids then I let them watch "Princess and the Frog" for a little bit while I read blogs. I read a blog post from here and was inspired! So I now am watching 5 children and I decide I'm going to make brownies from scratch (that's right ladies no box)
and I also made hot fudge from scratch. Also may I say they were SO YUMMY! Thanks Liz for the great recipe! In fact I called to tell my parents about how domesticated I was today and my dad said (not so sutly mentions he and Brother Fellows will be working hard at the church at 7:30 pm. So like a loving daughter I went and delivered the yummy dessert with a few scoops of vanilla bean ice cream for the 2 hard working men. I also decided to make homemade french fries to go with our barbequed hamburgers and hot dogs. Fresh cut tomatoes!
Fresh cut onions! There was lettace too but I didn't take a picture.
I KNOW! I told you I was domesticated yesterday! I also kept my kitchen clean while I was cooking. Miracles do happen. As you can see my dinner guests were very happy. Billy was here but not in the picture because he was helping with Brayden at the time. Thanks Babe!!
Then after feeling so domesticated and like I had really accomplished a lot for the day I did the following...slept like a baby! Doesn't that look great!

11 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow!! You were domesticated!!! Dad L-O-V-E-D the goodies!!!!! Did you do all this by yourself? JK. :D Good job!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Yummy! You go girl!!

Val said...

That's amazing. YOU are amazing! I love the apron! :) You might have inspired me to do the same today.... or maybe another day! ;)

Liz said...

Wow! I can hardly keep the kitchen clean when I am NOT cooking! Good going girl!

Molly said...

Oh what a great day! I love those kinds of days where you are so busy and yet it feels good and its fun! I want some brownies too! You should post the recipe for them and the hot fudge!

Gates & Tausha said...

YOU GO sistah...seriously...that's like 5 days of work. i would DIE with all those kids. lol...gimme some FRENCH FRIES n BROWNIES!! yummmmmmmmmmmmmm

ps. SOOOOoo with you on the showering. who needs em.

J + A = K & J said...

Brianne you are AMAZING!!!! Thank you so much for watching my kids, making us dinner and brownies and homemade french fries. Everything was delish! I seriously don't know how you do it! You are such a great friend. I don't know what I would do without you. YOU ROCK!!!

Trevlyn said...

I'm out of breath just from reading that! You're WonderWoman! :)

Tara said...

You go girl! I LOVE those days!

The Pritchard Party said...

FUN!!! I can't wait til I'm a super mom like you!

Krista said...

Kudos Brianne! Those brownies look yummy!