Tuesday, September 1, 2009

The winner is...! True Joy! You are not alone!

In my last post I asked for all of you to share something funny or something that would really make me laugh because I needed it. Okay people seriously I only got 5 comments (and 2 of them were from my mom)! I guess only my mom and a couple friends really wanted me to laugh. :( Oh well. So my amazing mom went above and beyond and posted 2 times! Both were VERY funny so she is the lucky winner! Thanks mom for always doing what you can to make me smile and for being such an amazing friend!

On a more serious note I recently felt a strong prompting from my Heavenly Father telling me to go to lds.org and I would find what I really needed to hear. I followed the prompting and this is what was at the top of the page.
I know that Heavenly Father is mindful of each of us and that he can help us understand what we really NEED at any particular time in our lives. If it be to be uplifted or to help us stay strong or just to tell us he loves us. I have felt so much recently that I was running up that "heartbreak hill" and never seeing the end or even the top for that matter. Today I can say that I can see the top! Even though I know that everything worth having takes hard work and persistence, I also know that it is attainable if we have Jesus Christ on our side. I know that there will be many more hills and mountains to climb throughout my life but I pray that I will stay focused on what really NEEDS to be done to allow me to return to my Heavenly Father and Savior and to be with my family for eternity.

9 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that video from lds.org. I watched it about a week ago. Very inspiring... so are you!

Jessica P. said...

Thanks so much for sharing, so inspiring and something I really needed to hear!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I love that video! It definitely inspired me too. Thanks for sharing... sorry I didn't share a joke on your last post... I thought and thought and thought-- but I can't tell a joke on demand like that. It has to be spontaneous! ha ha

Liz said...

Hey Brianne! Sorry I missed out on sharing a joke! I am a loser :( But I am glad you posted the video. That is really cool and inspiring!

The Pritchard Party said...

I just couldn't think of anything funny. But I love that video. I watched that video the same day I read those talks on the family and it was exactly what I needed to hear.

Gates & Tausha said...

Gates showed me that video just last week...MAN it's powerful. :) Amazing. :) So I totally read your last post, and I wasn't feeling funny...no jokes up the sleeve...I'll have to go back and read the goods you got from it though! :) Then NEXT time I'll be prepared (with stolen jokes). ahha

Cheryl said...

Hey I left one more joke for you on your last post. Check it out.

Brianna said...

Hi Breanne... I have meant to comment for a while since I found your blog through your sisters... I might add it is very cool that you all have blogs... anyway I thought it would be a perfect time to try to comment on your need a laugh post.. but I couldn't think of anything that would be funny from a stranger! Anyway I love your blog, you have a beautiful family. There are such great people in the blog world!

Lacey said...

Very inspiring video. I definetley needed that right now. Especially around bed time with the kids. Those seem like the biggest hills to climb some days!! :) Love ya! Oh by the way, I think your last contest was rigged. What you like your mom better...whatever!