Friday, September 11, 2009

Where were you???

Where were you 8 years ago when our country was attacked? I remember I was getting ready to get in the shower to get ready for work. I went to turn my cd player on and the weirdest thing my stereo turned on. I don't remember turning my stereo on. I then heard the dj's saying that 1 of the buildings from the World Trade Center had been hit by a plane. I ran and turned on the tv where I watched stunned and shocked! I watched as the 2nd building was hit. I remember feeling so many emotions, numbness, shock, fear, anger, sadness and more shock. I remember feeling warm tears running down my cheeks not even knowing when the tears started. I ran to my dad's bedroom where he to was getting ready for work. I was crying and telling him that the World Trade Center was under attack. I felt like my breath was leaving me. I was lightheaded from emotional overload. My dad was saying to me "What? What are you talking about?" Then we hurried to turn his tv on and there it was the horrible scene of reality. I was praying that my mind was just playing tricks on me and I was in a nightmare and I would wake up soon. Unfortunately it was all to real. I continued to get ready for work while crying the whole time. Praying continually for all those people who were there. I prayed for their families. I prayed for a way that I could help. I remember praying ALL DAY! When I got to work there was a numb silence in the huge corporate building. Nobody felt that we had anything important to say. We had employees who were from New York who didn't know where their family was or if they were alright. All of those employees were sent home to focus on their families. I went and donated blood as much as I could (which is a huge thing for me because I HATE needles) but I knew that their were people who were more in need then me and they NEEDED blood. I helped raise money to send to the relief fund. I am so grateful that I had and continue to have a Heavenly Father who showed me that I can make a difference and that he can't stop evil from happening but he can call on us his children to help those who are in need from the aftermath of such situations. Lastly I wanted to share this video that is posted on lds.org it is about a 9/11 survivor and how he is still a survivor in many other ways. Please take 8 minutes out of your day to watch this video. It can and will help you reflect on what is really important in your life.

God bless America! This truly is the promised land and Satan knows it so he will do all he can to try to destroy it. Don't let that happen! Stand up for our country! Thank you to all our military for your dedication and service!

P.S.
If you feel like reading a few more inspiring blog posts about 9/11 go to these blogs
http://cherylweathersby.blogspot.com/ or click on Mommy Dearest on my list of blogs
http://elizabethbryant.blogspot.com/ or click on Lizzy Writes on my list of blogs

2 comments:

Cheryl said...

Well said!!! I posted about 9/11 also, we are on the same wavelength... I even posted the same video... oh well. I like the way you put it in words... very touching.

Gates & Tausha said...

sobering for sure. remembering that day can always put tears on the line. I'm gonna go watch your video now!