Friday, September 4, 2009

Mattie's breakfast choices!

So Kylee woke up at 5:30 am and said "Toys" and goes running to the family room. I said "NO. Toys is asleep and in a few minutes WE will be asleep again!" So I took Kylee to bed with me and she was asleep quickly. Then at 6 am in came Mattie. I made her lay in my bed for 30 minutes before I just decided to let her go in the front room to watch Disney channel for a while until Kylee woke up. Kylee slept until 7 and I as pretty happy. So Kylee and I are heading out to the family room to join Mattie. Mattie is very excited see us both. She quickly confesses to me that she had some chocolate pudding and then just a little bit of brownies that she ate with her fingers. It wouldn't have been hard to figure this chocolate situation out though because the evidence was all over her lips.

So I told her that she doesn't have those things for breakfast and we went and had a more suitable breakfast. I then went to make Mattie's lunch when I walked by the brownie pan......WHAT! She ate a little bit more than just a small bit. I don't know what do you think? The whole right side is her "small" piece that she ate! :)

You'll notice that she also was careful enough to put the plastic back over the top of the brownies. What a little monkey!

It is nice to have such an independent child but apparently we still need to work on health choices. Not that brownies are healthy at any point of the day! hee, hee

8 comments:

Cheryl said...

A girl after my own heart! Chocolate for breakfast, yum!!!!

McDowell Family said...

This sounds like Zachary (3) this morning. He was up at 6am, and I made him also wait to watch "tunnies" So I came out and found him eating his 3rd cupcake! He had pushed his chair into the kitchen and stole cupcakes! One was almost gone, the 2nd one had missing frosting, and he was diving into the 3rd!! I guess they needed a sugar rush this morning!! HA!

Jessica P. said...

What a cutie!! I had rice krispy treats for breakfast the other day so I understand Mattie's need for sugar in the morning!! Your girls are getting so big, won't be long until baby number three joins the fun!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That is so funny! Hey, at least she was honest about it right?? ha ha

ikathy33 said...

Oh Mattie--she's definitely got a good idea for breakfast, but like the rest of us, she'll have to learn that it's not really a good idea. Nutrition classes for that girl. And we can all relate I'm sure!!

Krista said...

ummm... I'm pretty sure you did that when you were younger too... so I guess you can't get to upset. haha! Although... I think if that was staring at me in the morning I might have a "small" piece too!

Ginny said...

perfect breakfast!! that's how I like it too! Thanks for holding Mayli for all sacrament meeting! She was sooo content in your arms! Also, Ever since you wrote a blog wanting people to post a joke, obviously I didn't comment....but I just didn't have anything funny to say at the time. Well I thought of something now. "I wish I were a glow worm, a glow worm's never glum....for how can you be sad when the sun shines out your bum :) haha

Lacey said...

What, there is nothing wrong with chocolate for breakfast! Chocolate is good any time of the day, or night!!! :)