Sunday, July 19, 2009

Gratitude!

So today I have felt a strong desire to share something very important. This post is mainly for me to put my thoughts down in writing and for the day when my kids read it. I want my kids and their kids and all of my family to know of my gratitude for my Savior and Redeemer even the Lord Jesus Christ. Today we had a return missionary speak in our ward. He had only been off his mission like 4 days. As he was sharing his mission experiences and his testimony my heart was burning with the spirit. I felt such a strong conformation from the spirit telling me that what he was sharing was true. I am so grateful for the knowledge of the Holy Ghost. It is through the promptings and whisperings of the spirit that I can tell with 100% conviction that the gospel of Jesus Christ is on the earth today. That we have a living prophet today who leads and guides our church through divine revelation from our Heavenly Father and Savior Jesus Christ. I KNOW that the Book of Mormon is the word of God and that everything in this precious book that we read is true. Every answer we would need from our Heavenly Father can be found in the scriptures. He speaks to us in many ways. He speaks to us in personal ways and we just have to have an open heart to hear it. I am so blessed to know that I can be with my family for ETERNITY! This gives me great peace of mind. I look forward to the day when I can be reunited with loved ones who have already left this earth. My prayer is that I can be a better example to those around me of all these important truths that I know to be true!

2 comments:

Carla said...

What a beautiful testimony you have Brianne. I have always felt the Spirit when I am around you. Thank you for being you!

Cheryl said...

I loved reading your testimony today. I just came back from Myrna Pratt's funeral and I felt impressed to write my testimony down for my posterity as well. I'm grateful to have you for my daughter!