Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Exhausted!!!

So on Monday Kylee woke up WAY too early.......5:45am! Yes you read the time right. So I had to be to work that day by 7 and Billy was playing basketball already at the church so I got up with her. I had to get ready with her "help" which is always interesting. At about 9:15am Billy called me at work and asked if I could talk for a second. Luckily I had about 60 seconds so Billy precedes to tell me about what was going on at home while I am at work. Billy said he was in our bedroom picking up some stuff and Kylee comes in the room ever couple minutes just to make sure Daddy is still in there. This is very common for Kylee. Then he said the last time he saw her check on him she did the "I love you" sign in sign language and closed our bedroom door behind her. He didn't think much of it. Then about 3 to 5 minutes later the home phone rang so he opened up our bedroom door to go down the tiled hallway to answer the phone. The only thing is that when he went to step out of our bedroom this is what he found.......

That is right, Kylee is passed out asleep on the tile floor. Kylee honey this is why we don't need to wake up at 5:45 am!!! Billy said she was snoring too! When he went to pick her up and put her in her crib she didn't even budge. Needless to say Mommy was very jealous she got a nap! :)

Then that night we were doing our evening ritual of helping the girls pick up their toys before bed. This is Kylee's way of contributing to the process. Sit in the box where all the toys are suppose to go then you just can't put the toys away! Problem solved in the mind of a 19 month old (or so she thought). Good thing she is cute because she is very mischievous also!


Also I wanted to congratulate Mattison me little miss smart girl!!! She has a November birthday so she is suppose to wait a whole another year before she started kindergarten but Billy and I prayed about it and felt we needed to have her tested early. Luckily we found a new charter school testing early kindergarten children. She went and did her screening and the advisor said she is VERY ready for school and that she would put her on the enrollment lists that day!! She was VERY excited to hear that (to say the least). She said do I get to go to class now? The advisor and I both laughed at her enthusiasm and explained that school didn't start until August 10th. Almost everyday since the test she has asked if it is time to start school. Billy and I are very proud of her and her excitement for learning. Good job baby girl!!! Then the advisor talked to me a few days later and asked me if I would be willing to help them interview for the 3rd kindergarten teacher they were looking to hire. I said yes and was very excited when they asked for my help on input in selecting a teacher. Should be an adventure! :)

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

Wow Brianne, you didn't tell me about the interviewing for a kindergarten teacher thing... that's neat! congrats to that little smartie pants! I love to hear all of Kylee's antics! Great post!

Krista said...

KyKy cracks me up!!! She is a FUNNY girl!! And of course Matti would be excepted early! She is so SMART!! I'm so glad she's excited to start too!! Brianne, that's so neat that the school would like your input! Have fun!!

BTW... I miss Buddy! I was waiting for him to come in this morning and wake me up... but nope. It was weird!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That cracks me up that Kylee totally passed out on the tile floor in the middle of the hallway. She was one exhausted little girl! And that is so great that Mattison gets to start kindergarten early! She really is a very bright little girl! Tell her that we are so proud of her. :)

The Pritchard Party said...

That's so exciting for Matti!! How fun that she is that excited to learn.

And Kylee passing out cracks me up. I love it when babies are passed out so much that they don't move :)

ikathy said...

Oh, Brianne, that's so cute. I bet you wished that you could lay down and take a nap at work. Also, that is great that Matti will be going to kindergarten. That will help her and it will be helpful to you too. Good job! Everyone!

Patty's Place said...

That is so precious! Your kids are just adorable. Oh, and why does Krista miss Buddy? Where is he?