Friday, April 30, 2010

Potty Training a stuborn 2 year old may kill me!!


The title pretty much explains this post. Kylee potty trains when it is convenient for her and ONLY when she wants. I used to think well parents just need to stick it out and they will give in...NOPE! Kylee is not that way. She WILL NOT do something unless it is HER idea. This face scares me because I know she just thought of something mischievous to do.
Today she is trying to really test her boundaries! For example about 10 minutes ago she told me to shut up. I actually don't know where she got that because we don't say it at our house. Anyways. Also anyone who knows Kylee knows she really only has 2 volumes...LOUD...and LOUDER!!! Don't get me wrong, I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this girl (hence the reason she is still going strong). But today would have for sure been one of those days when I would have gone to my mom's house to get a little help because Billy is pretty sick so he is not able to help. To bad my mom is out of town with my dad until tomorrow. They have been gone all week and I miss them (for more than 1 reason). Brayden is getting more speed with the army crawl and working on the leg and arm crawl. So he gets mad if we leave the room and comes after us now. :) So that adds to the fun. Anyways, Kylee- I look forward to the day when one of your children is reading this and is laughing. I love you Kyky Bug!!! I also look forward to tonight when you (and I) are doing this because I am exhausted from today.

7 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

She's definitely a stinker but she sure is cute! Good thing... :) I can't believe Brayden is crawling so good! He is ahead of Parker! Parker army crawls but not around the house... only if he's playing with his toys and I'm in the same room. If I walk out, he just sits still and cries! He'll learn though. Ha ha

Tara said...

She is a very independent little girl! Good thing she's so dang cute :)

Krista said...

That little girl has a mind of her own for sure! Good luck and thank goodness she's freakin' adorable!!!

Linda's Latest said...

Take time to smell the roses, she'll only be 2 for a little while and someday you'll look back and laugh, and MISS those days. Trust me!! It is over all too soon.

Patty said...

I can't even image...makes me tired just thinking of it! Love you both :)

Sanette said...

Don't know if this will help, but I have discovered with my stubborn 2 year olds (yes so far they have just about all been that way), that it is pretty much all on the parents. We have to be vigilant (by the way--not so vigilant this time around--with Caitlyn, I'm pretty much sticking to diapers until I know that she is for sure ready (which she is right now) and that I am as well (eh, not so much)), because I have to constantly REMEMBER to ask if she has to go "potty", and that is not easy to remember to do!!
It is soooo hard having 2 in diapers though, very encouraging to move onto the potty!!
Hang in there, one day she'll just do it without being reminded and you'll both be doing the "dance of joy"!!

Cheryl said...

She looks awful innocent in that last picture.... I don't know about all of that stubborn stuff. JK! She's a little stinker. A cute little stinker!