Monday, June 28, 2010

Amazing & Inspiring Woman

So I have been filling in at my dad's office while one of his staff members is out of town so I have not had much time to do blogging. I just wanted to post a special moment that I just had. I was reading Nancy Page's blog (she's on my sidebar) and I was catching up. I enjoyed reading about birthday parties and all the great joys and fun things going on in their lives. Then I got to the post about their angel Quinn. You can read the post by clicking here
As I read this post (and while I'm typing this) I can't stop the tears. I feel the spirit so strong whenever I have heard Nancy or anyone else speak about Quinn. Nancy pointed out some things I needed to hear. Remember the little things-take time to enjoy the joys in life. I remember attending Quinn's funeral, I had just gotten home from my 18 month mission for my church. I didn't know Nancy or Greg but I was in their ward and I know this might sound funny to some of you but I felt like I KNEW Quinn. I still to this day remember the amazing spirit I felt as we celebrated her life even though it was cut so short. She may have only lived shortly in this life but I can tell you I KNOW she has touched and continues to touch so many lives. I want to thank Nancy for her amazing strength and inspiration. She reminds me what I need to always remember-enjoy today! I know that whenever I think of Quinn (or Nancy for that matter) I will think of the little joys in my life...like drinking a fresh squeezed lemonade outside while the sun beats on my warm skin and I look back at pictures of the JOYS in my life and looking forward to the ones in the future. Thank you Nancy!!

4 comments:

Cheryl said...

Such a nice post, Brianne. I love Nancy and I know their baby had to have been very special. Thanks for sharing your feelings on this.

Carla said...

Nancy is one of our RS teachers and she is amazing! Her experiences - all though unimaginably difficult - have inspired many people. But Brianne, don't sell yourself short. You are also an amazing and inspiring woman!!

Krista said...

Brianne, this was a nice post. Thanks for your thoughts! Love you!!

Nancy Page said...

Brianne,
Sorry to make you cry! I think that one thing about Quinn was that She changed so many peoples lives in many different ways for the short time that she was here. There were so many people at her funeral. I don't remember everyone, but I do remember there were a lot of people an d that's why her name "Leialoha" fit so perfectly. It means wreath of love. Quinn encircled all around her to love. I'm glad that you had a good moment while reading my blog. I've kindof been a blog slacker lately.
We need to get the girls together to play.