Monday, March 1, 2010

A New~ New Year's Tradition!

I know this is way late but is still so worthy being blogged about. So Billy had to work on New Year's Eve night until 7 in the morning. One of my bestest friends was also home alone that night due to the same situation-working spouse. So we decided we could party without them! Amanda and her 2 adorable kiddos came over to party hard! We had dinner and then we played for a while. Then after about 30 minutes of dealing with the kids and their excuses of why they could stay up and how they weren't tired they went to sleep. By this time it was around 9:30pm but it felt like at least 12:30am! Amanda and I went and laid in my bed and watched some tv (tv that we can't usually watch with our husbands). That's right...wedding shows! We both love to watch that show "Say yes to the dress". We were talking and laughing and enjoying just being silly. All the sudden we look at the clock and realize that it is 11:50pm. We were so surprised that we had made it that long! We thought we would fall asleep by 10pm. :) So we make it to midnight and we laugh some more. Then we talk about how we wish we could try wedding dresses on again. Then we look at each other at the same time and I say "Yes, it's in my closet!" So we jump out of bed at 12:30am and we go into the family room so that we don't wake the kids and we get dressed in my wedding dress. Not only that we took pictures!

I know what your thinking "Oh so fun! Wish I could do that!" You can!! Amanda and I decided that this is a new tradition and we would love to have more dresses and more friends to do it with! So let me know if you want to join this good time for next year!!

6 comments:

Jessica P. said...

How fun! I might have to join in on this next year lol!!! :0

Trevlyn said...

Funny girls! You look ravishing!

Cheryl said...

I don't think that even a sleeve on my wedding dress would fit me still. :(

Have fun without me next year!

PS I also don't think I can make it til midnight. :( :(

J + A = K & J said...

That was such a fun night!!! Guess what i have sitting in the back of my car right now? Two more wedding dresses for next year. YIPPEE!!!

Lacey said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Unfortunatley my dress is in Blanding and I'm sure I won't be able to get it before next year!:)

Brianna said...

That is so cute... what a pretty dress. Sometimes I think about getting my dress out to try on... to feel like a princess all over again ;)