Monday, March 15, 2010

New Car

This the car I bought when I got home from my mission. It has been with our family ever since. It started to get a little to tight for our growing family and my kids needed better air conditioning...they are sweaty. :)


So we were able to sell our Jeep for a good price and with that money and our tax return we were able to buy Billy's dream car (for a family) without a loan! So Billy's happy about the new car (as am I) but even more exciting to me is NO PAYMENTS!!! It so funny after I told that to my dad about buying it with out a loan he gave me a fist bump. That was a "way to go, that's my girl" fist bump.

Thanks to my AWESOME cousin Chad who helped us so much by finding this car for such a fair price and helping us get everything situated!! You rock Chadwick!!! My girls are in love with the car! Every morning when Kylee wakes up the first thing she does is runs to the front window to make sure the new car is still there. Then she screams "The car is here, the car is here!!" It is so cute!!! Funny thing is that Billy is just as excited. The first time I drove the Tahoe he called me after I had been gone for about 4 minutes and asks "Do you like the Tahoe? Doesn't it drive so nice?" I said "Yes, I like it and it does drive nice." Billy replies "Ok, I just wanted to know how the Tahoe was. See you later." I'm sitting there waiting for a "have fun" or "how are you?" but no that was a call about the CAR! He did say I love you at the end of the call at least.

13 comments:

Cheryl said...

I really like your new car too!! The kids are so cute about having a new car. It's fun to see them so excited.

Brianna said...

Your new car is awesome! I know what you mean about how wonderful it is to not have a car payment. I love Tahoes, they are so nice. Congrats!!

Erin said...

and it's black -my favorite! everyone thought I was nuts for picking a black car while living in AZ, but I still loved it!!! good for you guys!

Patty said...

Nice ride!! It's fun having a new vehicle. I still have my 2000 X-Terra but I love it and don't want to get rid of it. I only have to fit me in it though. :)

Lacey said...

How fun! I love getting new things. We need a bigger vehicle too. Prefferably one where the children can't touch each other! But I just can't quite bring myself to give up my truck! Have fun with the new ride!

Randi said...

That rocks!!! You have such cute kids! I hope I have a few girls first.

The Pritchard Party said...

Great job on not having a payment! I look forward to that day! That's so cute that Billy cares about the car so much :)

Val said...

I want a new car! :) Congrats.... I bet you love it. I can totally see Jaromy doing the same thing... calling about a new exciting purchase and THAT's IT!!!

Krista said...

Kyky actually likes to leave our house now... didn't see that coming.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I love how excited your girls are about it! It's a nice car! Thats so great that you guys bought it cash! Sorry I just now commented! I kept thinking you weren't private and never realized you updated your blog!

Staci said...

how fun! We're also looking for a new car. Our little one just doesn't fit us all anymore! How did you guys find it? I need some tips-it's hard car shopping!!!

Moses Family said...

So Jealous! I love Tahoes! You lucky Mommy you!

Brooke said...

Sweet....how fun!! That makes me laugh about your hubby calling to check on the car...sounds like something my Cody would do too :o)