Thursday, December 3, 2009

It's Christmas Time!

So it is officially time to decorate the tree. Mattie was so excited to decorate the tree. She wouldn't stop talking about it until we got it out. This year I decided to let the girls be in charge
of decorating the tree. Billy put the decorations up on the high branches. I have to say they did a pretty good job. One of the best things about it is how proud the girls are of "their" tree.

As soon as Mattie wakes up she runs to the tree to turn the lights on. Then she says "Mommy isn't the tree beautiful?". It is so cute!
Honestly this is what Kylee was doing for a big part of the time.....digging through the boxes!
But here she is telling me about the ornament she put on the tree ALL BY HERSELF! She was so happy.
When Mattie got the angel out of its box she said to me "Mommy, the angel looks like me! She has blonde hair too!". I couldn't stop smiling because she was so excited.

Here is Billy doing his favorite part of the whole decorating experience...putting the angel on top of the tree. Looking good babe!This is what Brayden did while his sisters decorated the tree...chilled and hmmm what do you think those flared nostrils means? :) Good thing daddy is holding him. hee, hee
Now the real important thing here is to see how long the tree STAYS decorated with a very active 2 year old around the house. Merry Christmas everyone!

5 comments:

Moses Family said...

How fun! We still don't even have our tree yet! :( I LOVE your family Christmas pic on top of your blog!

Amy Blue said...

I love decorating for Christmas!!! I do have to say...the pics are great however Billy is in a t-shirt and shorts while decorating. That is funny to me. Where is the cozy warm sweater? haha Have a wonderful Christmas!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

That post put a big smile on my face. I love seeing how excited children get about the holidays! that's what makes it so fun!! I too love having my christmas decorations up!!

Tara said...

Good luck with keeping the tree decorated :) Love love love Christmas!

Krista said...

I love decorating the tree!! That's the BEST part of Christmas... digging up memories of past Christmas'!!