Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Snow days!!



Billy decided that this year the girls were going to see snow no matter what! So we scheduled to take the girls up to Flagstaff
yesterday. We had a blast! Billy checked the computer for the weather report and road conditions just before we left. The
weather report said"5% chance of snow and roads were clear". So
we are getting to just before Munds Park and it is snowing like
crazy! We could barely see 100 yards in front of us. Billy was loving it so much! So we decide that when we get to Flagstaff we are buying chains just in case because the snow was not letting up at all! We were in Walmart buying chains, we were in there maybe 20 minutes or so and we came out to the car COVERED in tons of snow! Kylee loved it, she was giggling at the snow hitting her face. She is mad in the picture here because she thought Daddy was putting her back in the car. Kylee was so mad when we told her we were going home. Billy and I were laughing so hard. Then Mattison didn't want to
get out of the car. She was so tired by the time we got to Flagstaff
she said she just wanted to go home now and eat toast. Billy and I
laughed and said we drove all this way let's go have some fun. So
I finally convinced Mattie to get out of the car, after that we had a hard time getting her back in the car. Mattie loved it when daddy
would throw snow balls. So my camera was dying so I don't have
pictures of the girls in the snow but Billy is planning to go again in
2 weeks or so, so then I will charge my camera and take pics of the girls IN the snow. Then as we were driving home we had to drive very slow for a big chunk of time because of how hard it was snowing. I just prayed the girls would sleep because they could hardly stand the drive up there so I knew they would be even more restless coming home since we had to drive so slow. So here is the ride home......















I would say "Successful Snow day for the Chase family!!" Mommy
loved the quiet ride home after all the excitement and never
ending question of "Are we there yet?" or "Is it time to get out
now?". I love my little family so much! I also loved seeing my
husband's face light up so bright when he was in the snow! Snow
really makes Billy SO happy! He is like a kid at Disneyland when
it comes to snow. So more snow days in the future for this
wonderful family of mine. Merry Christmas everyone!! We love you!!

7 comments:

Cheryl said...

Holy Cow!!! I guess you saw a lot of snow! That seems so Christmassy. Fun, fun, fun!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

How fun! I am glad you guys got to go play in the snow! The girls sure looked like they had fun! See you tonight! :)

Amy Blue said...

How fun! You guys will have to come visit us for Christmas sometime. We have plenty to share:) Have a Merry Christmas!! We love you guys!

Krista said...

JEALOUS!! That looked like so much fun!!! I'm glad you all had fun and a quiet ride home!! hehe!!

The Pritchard Party said...

I'm so jealous! Ryan wanted to go today, but I had to work. We're so driving up to Flagstaff soon so we can see snow! I miss it!!

Karla said...

That is so fun. Ahhh kids asleep in the car. That is wonderful. I am glad you had a good time. We are going to try and get up there too soon. Thanks for sharing your pic's.

Tara said...

Looks like you guys had a lot of fun. I totally want to take the kids to the snow too. Thanks for the idea :)