Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I love to see the Temple!!


Yes I love to see the temple at Christmas time when all lights are put up for celebration. One of the many ways we show our celebration for the birth of our Savior Jesus Christ, the light and life of the world. The Savior has truly been the light to my life. Especially recently, as he has calmed my troubled heart and is healing the loss of a pregnancy. As the primary song goes, "I love to see the temple, I'm going there some day!" One of those blessed days was yesterday. Really quickly I know this is the Salt Lake City temple I just love this picture of all the trees light up. First and for most a HUGE shout out to my most amazing mother! She cared for my 2 very active girls for about 6 hours :) (if you would like to hear the great details of this event go to her blog, it is labeled 'Mommy Dearest' on the right side of my blog). Anyways none of this wonderful temple experience that I had would have been possible if it would not have been for my mom caring for my girls. So thanks again, and thanks for the upcoming Friday. :) So anyways I was blessed to attend the temple with my eternal companion and best friend, Billy. I realized how much I missed going to the temple. I felt rejuvenated and more at peace than ever before. Billy and I both felt that we were strengthened by our time in the house of the Lord. I felt I received answers to my prayers while I was in the temple. I attended the temple so that I could assist a great friend through her first time going through the temple. Ashley Miller is a great blessing to my life and the life of my family. She watches my girls whenever I need and they love her so much! She has shared so many powerful spiritual moments with me and my husband. I was one of her young women's leaders in church when she was investigating whether or not she wanted to join. She made the amazing choice to join the church and is doing all she can to continue her progression. She has met and amazing man who she is marrying in the temple for time and all eternity. They are marrying this Friday and I am so excited for her and Spencer. I have actually know Spencer since he was a young boy and I am so grateful that he and Ashley have found such happiness with each other. Thank you Ashley for having me there with you for this VERY special time. I love you so much and am very proud of and the righteous choices you are making each day. I am so grateful for this Christmas season to celebrate the birth of the Savior. He means so much to me, there are no words to describe the love I have for him. I am humbled by his birth and his life. I pray all of you have a wonder Christmas season and always remember the true reason of Christmas is to honor him, our elder brother, Jesus Christ. May you all be blessed with health and strength and happiness! I love you all so much for all you teach me, and do for me and my family. Merry Christmas!!

10 comments:

Cheryl said...

I love that picture of the SLC temple at Christmas. I also like the emphasis you put on Christ in CHRISTmas. Very clever to remind us. The temple is amazing and I knew you and Billy needed the time there, glad I could help (I can say that today- time heals). Love you and your beautiful family... especially those little imps.

Liz said...

I always feel so great after reading your posts, Brianne! Thank you. The temple is a wonderful place... We don't live as close to the temple here and I miss not going more often-- you have inspired me to go this weekend!
Love ya Girl!! I'll be thinking about you.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

It was so great to be able to be in the temple with you and Billy. I am so glad that we were able to be there to witness Ashley going through for the first time. It was such a cool thing to see her glowing and so happy. Love you!

Karla said...

I love the Temple at Christmas time too. I love you the family picture you have up top. You look so pretty.

Krista said...

Love reading your blog Brianne!! Good reminder on what we need to focus on this time of year!! Love ya!!

Karla said...

Brianne,
I also have to say how much I appreciate your testimony. I need to go again so badly and keep making excuses of being to busy. I just need to go. Thanks for sharing. You are such a strong person.

jen said...

Hi Billy, this is Chris we found your blog and wanted to say hi. Looks like you guys are doing well, check out our family blog at www.lebelfam.blogspot.com. Hey we're living in Utah now and I went through nursing school, what are you up to now?

Chris Le Bel

The Pritchard Party said...

I too agree with you. I haven't had near the same experiences with Ashley as you have, but she is truly a spiritual sponge and a joy to be around. It's been wonderful to see her happiness and I also needed that time with my husband in the temple. It had been entirely too long.

Todd and Brandy said...

I love reading your posts. You always have such inspiring things to say. You have such a wonderful testimony. Thank you!

Gates & Tausha said...

i love it brianne...you are always sharing your testimony in everything you say...YOU have a lot of the great qualities you describe in ashley. what a great time of year to notice the blessings of the temple and christ. :)

my word verification is totally "layers." i need to go shopping. its a sign.