Sunday, December 14, 2008

Silver linings!

You know that moment when you look up at the clouds and and the sun is trying to peek through? Where only rays of the sun are visible and the cloud is outlined in a beautiful silver color. I saw that yesterday and it reached all the way to the deepest part of my soul. This post is for my own healing not for sympathy or condolences. I found out last week that I was for sure pregnant. We were very excited to be adding to our little family. Billy and I both felt it was what was suppose to be. Then yesterday morning I lost the baby. I had started spotting but was praying the spotting would end quickly. I was very sad to lose this little life inside of me. I am so grateful though for silver linings. Some may wonder what the silver lining was here well I will tell you. For me the silver lining was, He has blessed me with 2 beautiful little girls and I had enough faith to follow the promptings of the spirit that told us it was time to add to our family. No we may not hold this little one in our arms right now but I know that Heavenly Father is caring for this precious spirit until He is ready for me to take care of he or she. I am so grateful He blessed me with sight to see the silver lining of the cloud yesterday. Not just physically but spiritually. I really felt like God was sending me a message in that special moment, "Brianne, I am with you and I love you! You will be blessed for this experience. I need you to be strong and rely on your elder brother Jesus Christ right now. Please don't try to do this alone, I will do all I can to show you the 'silver linings' in all you do each day." As I sit here I am crying. The reason I say this is because as I typed what I felt MY Heavenly Father was saying to me in that moment yesterday I felt the spirit confirm the truth of it. I am SO eternally grateful for my loving Heavenly Father and for my elder brother and Savior, Jesus Christ. I know there will be days where I am strong and days where I may falter a little, days when I smile and laugh and a few days when I cry but that is okay as long as I give it all over to my brother. I look forward to the day when my loving Heavenly Father will bless me with more precious spirits but for now I still have so much more to do with the two sweet spirits I have now. I also want to thank my Father in Heaven for the loving and supportive husband that I have. He has been such a strength to me. He has been so strong and taken such good care of me and my girls. He holds me when I need holding, makes me food when I need to eat and loves me ALL the time (even when I feel I don't deserve it sometimes). I love you Billy!


10 comments:

Gates & Tausha said...

a smile and thoughts your way brianne...

thanks for sharing your powerful testimony through experiences such as these!

Tara said...

Thanks for sharing your feelings. We love you and I know Heavenly Father loves you too.

Amy Blue said...

We love you!!!! Just wanted you to KNOW that.

W.W. said...

Thanks for your perspective. It's refreshing to be reminded that we can see the "silver lining" and feel gratitude amidst challenges and disappointment. We love you Brianne!

Liz said...

Brianne,
Thank you for your beautiful words and your strength. I'll be thinking of you.
love, Liz

Linda's Latest said...

Oh, Brianne, I'm so sorry. Take if from me, I know how you feel. Someday, I'll tell you what I learned. Feel better. See you next week. Love you.

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

I am so sorry for your loss at this time. We are praying for you every day. Thanks for sharing your spiritual experience. I know Heavenly Father loves you very much. To be able to feel gratitude while going through such a hard trial is incredible. Love you.

Cheryl said...

I love the way you put it, you learn from experiences like this or you become bitter. Only the first helps us progress. You're definitely progressing, the Lord will send you more children and you'll appreciate each one maybe more than you would have had you not experienced this. Like Linda, I know how you feel. But, I think the Lord held back some SPECIAL spirits for me!

Amber said...

Oh Brianne, you hang in there! I will be thinking of you.

The Pritchard Party said...

Beautiful post. That's all I have to say.