Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Mommy!


2 days ago I laid Kylee down for a nap and told my wonderful husband to do the same since he had to work that night. Mattie and I went to the front room together to watch a movie together. I sat in my recliner and accidentally fell asleep. I woke up when I heard Kylee making a little noise in the baby monitor but then the talking stopped so I fell back asleep. My next awareness is hearing the velcro on Kylee's diaper. I open my eyes to see Mattie CHANGING Kylee's diaper. That is right my 4 year old got my 16 month old out of her crib and changed her out of her pj's and had clothes to change her into for the day. She then was changing her diaper! Mattie at this point saw that my eyes were open (quite largely I might add) and she says very calmly "Go back to sleep Mommy I got this." I was so shocked!! I was about ready to cry to see how responsible my 4 year old was being. She knew Mommy was tired and she wanted to help out. That day I actually felt like I might actually be doing something right as a Mommy! :) I am so blessed to have such great children and an amazing husband!! I am especially thankful for Mattie and knowing what a big helper she is with her little sister. I am going to need it for the next few months and especially after the end of October because then we are going to have 1 more child to add to the family!! That is right I am PREGNANT!!! We have seen the baby in an ultrasound and heard the very strong heartbeat. I have been nice and nauseated which is a great sign. It is the one time in my life when I am grateful to feel like I am going to be sick because it means my baby is doing good! So if my posts are more spread out that is why. Have a great day!!!

13 comments:

Amy Blue said...

Good for you! You are blessed! Can I borrow Mattie for a while? Dany is a good little mommmy for a 2 year old but she is 2 and thinks she is in fact a mommy. Well enjoy being sick. :) Hope for a BOY??!!!??

Carla said...

Congratulations!

Erin said...

congrats! way to go Mattie, I'm impressed! #3, that's awesome, we're so happy for you guys!

Val said...

Congrats Brianne! What a wonderful little moment in your day to see that! miss you!!!

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Mattie is such a good helper! And I am excited you finally announced it! I'm crossing my fingers that you are having a boy so him and Parker can be best buddies!

W.W. said...

I have a little mommy over at my place as well. It's mostly good except that she thinks she is big enough to do ANYTHING that I do. This results in occasional disasters. But overall the autonomy thing is great. I'm glad to hear things are going well with your pregnancy!

Tara said...

What a great little helper. I'll have to borrow her sometime! Can't wait for your newest addition!

The McLaws Family said...

Congratulations! Hey let me know when Mattie starts babysitting, it's hard to find one so willing to change diapers!

The Pritchard Party said...

I'm so excited for you!!! I told my mom yesterday that you were starting to show a teeny bit already. She says "is she having twins??" I thought you'd get a kick out of that. Hey, you asked for it at the beginning of the year, remember??? I hope so badly for you both that it's a boy!!

danielle said...

Congrats :D What a sweetie your little girl is. They are both so cute!!

ikathy said...

Congrats on the upcoming baby!! October is a great month for a baby (except you have to go through the forever long hot summer and it's still hot during most of Oct. Darn, but other that that, October is a great month to have a baby!

Karla said...

Hurray!!! That is so wonderful. You have such beautiful children. I can't wait!!!

Liz said...

Awesome news! I am so happy for you and your fam! Sounds like you have the most terrific big sis Mattie to help you! That is such a cute story!

Hope you feel better soon! The beginning is rough!