Thursday, March 5, 2009

Crazy mom brain!!!

If only they looked and acted like this all the time. :)
So it seems like the days you really don't feel good your kids are ALL over the place! Kylee is already my mischievous one and causes trouble most the day but TODAY!! Ugh! She has been on fire with all kinds of trouble. So I had my mom watch my girls for a little bit while I ran an errand and when I came to pick them up it was anything but pleasant. I was trying to put Kylee in her car seat and she was stiff as a board! She was not going to bend to sit in her chair. So am literally pushing her hips into the seat long enough to get the buckle locked in. As I am doing this I hit my head so hard on the side of the car. I had a lovely red mark on my forehead. Also just a reminder that I already wasn't feeling good anyway so now I am so exhausted! Billy is gone for work so I am wrestling both my girls to get them to eat and get them ready for bed. Then I turn around to get something for Kylee and I hear something be poured all over my recliner! That is right a huge bag of stick pretzels all over in my chair. Here is my immediate thought "Is it bedtime yet?" I am about to cry from not feeling well, being exhausted and wrestling with my girls all day! The pretzels was just the frosting on the cake. So on that note I am going to bed and praying really hard that tomorrow is a little bit easier. :) Also I just want to put out there I LOVE MY GIRLS TO PIECES!!

10 comments:

Steve and Erin Larsen said...

Oh wow! That sounds like you had a tough day! Hang in there! Tomorrow is a new day!

Cheryl said...

I just want to put out there that I love your girls to pieces too! They DO have energy!! And Erin's right, tomorrow is another day. :)

Cindy said...

Be glad it was pretzels and not something nasty!!!!

ikathy said...

Try playing the "I'm calm and quiet and slow and easy" game with them. It's basically totally faking them out that everything is sort of in slow motion. (Of course, it's mostly just faking yourself out.) It might not help them be any different but you might feel less stressed. Maybe. For sure, DON'T TELL THEM YOU'RE PLAYING IT. Just try it, surprisingly it works. But it's a mind set thing, so it's a conscious effort, which can take some practice and experimenting. Hope you feel better, too!!! (Tom's been sick with the flu since Sunday!)

The Pritchard Party said...

Man, I'm learning so quickly how much energy you have to have with a 1-2 year old child! Between you, my sister-in-law and another friend of mine, I'm thinking that age sounds harder than newborn! :o/ I'm nervous....

PS... I love your girls too. If you ever need help, let me know and I'll come play with them while you sit down for a few minutes or something.

Gates & Tausha said...

oh my gosh i think i would have just left the pretzels there adn put them to bed and then ate some chocolate cake. :) ahha....holy MOTHER...yah that's crazy. :) are you feeling better? see ya manana. :)

Karla said...

AHHH! I know what you are saying I have had those days. When you just wanted to lock yourself in the bathroom for just 5 minutes of peace.

Brooke said...

Oh the crazy days we have....I can so relate!! I agree with Cindy, at least it was pretzels and not something awful and sticky like juice!!

Krista said...

hahaha!! Your girls do have a LOT of energy... but that's one of the many reasons why I LOVE them so stinkin' much!! Love ya!!

Julianne said...

Hey Brianne-
I dont think I have your e-mail address so I wanted to let you know that I am doing swim lessons again. Billy thought maybe having Mattison do a re-fresher class. Anyway, check out my blog for more info. I hope your week is going better! :)