Thursday, April 28, 2011

Being mom

Being a mom has so many job titles connected to it. Here are just a few things a mom does...incubator, nurturer, nurse, counselor, nutritionist, care giver, diaper changer, maid, cook, taxi, school teacher, religious teacher and SO many more things. Just having 1 of these jobs is a lot of work, to have ALL of them and SO MUCH MORE is exhausting sometimes. With that there are also some of the most AMAZING moments of your life. I remember bringing all 3 of my beautiful children into this life. It was HARD but SO SO SO worth it. I have learned in my short life that anything worth having you have to work hard for! This is VERY much the case as a mother. You don't get paid with the money you deserve for your many "jobs" you have but you get paid with growth and character. I have a strong belief in God and I believe that he is ALWAYS right next to me in each "job". I believe he has faith in me as a mother and that he sent each of my children to me to be their mother. There are days were I think I wish he didn't have so much faith in me because I am doubting myself. Tonight and the past few days have been difficult for me for many different reasons. Because of these struggles I started doubting myself as a person and as a mother. I felt very vulnerable and I didn't like that (and still don't) but I figure that because it is hard now it must mean that something AMAZING must be coming! I pray that I will be strong and stay close to my God to give me strength. The reason that I type this now is to have as part of my journal. I believe that I learn each day as I read or hear of others experiences and I hope that this can possible do this for someone else.

9 comments:

Trevlyn said...

You truly don't know your own strength! But then, who does! Thanks for being such a beautiful example of Womanhood!

Brianna said...

Your kids are blessed to have a mother like you... I am so scared to become a mom, but I know as long as I trust in God and try my best to do what he would do, I will be ok, because he won't leave me... and he's not going to leave you either! :)

Jilly Bean said...

Thanks for sharing, Brianne. You're very genuine. I feel similar feelings about my role as a mother. It's an amazing blessing, and also challenging.

We doubt ourselves too easily. You're wonderful! Push through and you'll feel better once you're through it. It works every time! :)

Laurel Baker said...

Oh, Brianne...I LOVE you so much! I am SOOOOO right there with you! I honestly feel like I am just getting though a day at a time! I have so many up and down moments throughout the day...I HATE IT! I need to be better at remembering my Heavenly Father, and relying on his help more! I think you have always been good that way! I hope this week will be better for you! I am sending you a BIG hug, K! Love you!

The Pritchard Party said...

Thank you for your post. I love you a ton. I actually keep forgetting to call you too! :o( I'm sorry!

I will send prayers your way, and you're right. Even through the hardest trials, Heavenly Father will give us the strength we need to endure as long as we ask for it.

Brianna said...

Thanks brianne for your sweet comment

Tara Nelson said...

Oh Brianne.... How I luv you so much. I am finally getting back to blogging (a motherly duty)after a month and half.
Brianne, You are such an amazing friend and amazing mother. You really do not know your own strength. I can't wait to get back to a normal schedule and go to the Temple again with you.
I know I feel inadequate at times as a mother, friend, wife and sister. But .... as you said, we are learning and growing as we go.
I hope you have a wonderful week this week.
Thank you for being such a wonderful example.

Laina Spray said...

you said it all! excited to follow your blog!!

Brianna said...

Hi Brianne! Miss your blog.... hope you are doing well!! ;0)