Saturday, August 23, 2008

Sending Love and Well Wishes to Christian & Nie Nie




Today I witnessed love in ways a lot of people don't get to see. At least it seems that way more these days. Today I went with my parents, sisters, aunts, neices, nephews and my girls to the Mesa Arizona Temple. We were there with many people we did not know but we all had the same purpose, showing love and support for Christian & Nie Nie and their family. There we released balloons honoring my 2 special people who are struggling right now. Last Saturday my second cousin Christian and his wife Stephanie (her family calls her Nie Nie) were in a horrible plane crash on a private plane. There was only them and the pilot on board. They had stopped in St John's Arizona to refuel and continue the flight back home to there 4 beautiful children when for some reason the engine stalled and they plane crashed into some power lines from there the plane crashed into a neighborhood pile of lumber. The plane exploded as they were trying to escape so they have suffered severe burning. The pilot sadly did not make it. Our prayers go to his family and loved ones. Christian suffered from a fractured low back and 30% of his body is covered in 3rd degree burns. Nie Nie has 3rd degree burns on 80% of her body. We are all optomistic in their recovery! I took some pictures of the balloon releasing today. I hope we can all keep them in our prayers whether we know them or not.

1 comment:

Gates & Tausha said...

brianne!! you have a BLOG!! :) fun!! found it through like i dont even need to go through the list of blogs i browsed to find yours! (blog stalker!) anyway, email me if ya wanna check our blog out...it's private...ya know, the whole gates's job thing. :) taush42@aol.com

see ya soon! yay for blogs!